– beautiful Series II Jaguar E-Type Convertible with 4.2 litre straight 6 engine
– back in Europe since 2014 after 45 years in the US
– repainted in Germany
– side marker lights removed so Jag visually resembles European model
– black convertible top and black leather interior with only slight patina
– chrome parts good
– dashboard free of visible damage
– chrome spoke wheels
– new water pump, new heating valve, new mirrors, new soft top seals
– underbody partly renewed, new carpets
– Classic Data appraisal over € 93,000 in 2016 (condition 2)
– technical approval until 04/2017
– valuable investment and fun to drive
No other than Enzo Ferrari called the E-Type the most beautiful car ever made, and even if beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, not too many people would have contradicted him since. The debut of the XK-E, called “E-Type”, in 1961 was nothing short of a sensation. Its unrivalled elegant styling was complemented by plenty of power, and all of that at a relatively moderate price.
Over the years, the successful model was modified in several ways: From the spring of 1966 there was a 2 + 2-seater version with an extended wheelbase. In 1967, the headlight covers fell victim to American safety regulations. On the engine side, there were six-cylinder engines with 3.8 and later 4.2 litres, and as of 1971, twelve-cylinder motors to choose from. Production of the compact two-seaters ceased in 1971, the so-called Series III was only offered as a 2+2-seater.
A classic of superlatives, that’s all there is to it.