– well cared-for 1987 Porsche 911 Carrera convertible
– matching numbers, very attractive overall condition
– white paintwork in good shape without noteworthy dents or scratches
– runs on the popular Fuchs wheels in contrasting black
– blue leather interior has a slight patina, dashboard is intact
– blue soft top with matching persenning, colour-keyed to the interior
– US delivery, re-imported in 2015
– 3.2 litre engine with digital motor electronic system (DME) and 160 kW (217 hp) of power
– G50 5-speed manual gearbox, newly introduced for the 1987 model year
– air conditioning, power windows, electrically adjustable mirrors and cruise control
– valid technical approval until 10/2019 and historic plates
– a very snazzy G-model convertible in remarkably good condition
The second generation of the Porsche 911 (G model) came on the market in 1973 as a successor to the Porsche 911 (original model). It was a 2+2-seater sports car and available as coupé, convertible (as of 1983), Targa and Speedster.
The 911 was equipped with the following engines: 2.7 to 3.0 litre petrol engine (150-188 hp) and, for the Carrera version, 2.7 to 3.2 litre petrol engine (200-231 hp). The last Porsche 911 G-model rolled off the assembly line in 1989.
For the 1981 model year, Porsche had introduced a 7-year warranty against rust, they were the first manufacturer in the world to do so. The entire chassis was made of double-sided galvanized steel. From these corrosion protection measures, the Porsche 911 benefits until today. As of 1986, the warranty was extended to 10 years. Another 1986 upgrade are the reinforced stabilizers.
This car is almost a must in any good garage!