– timelessly beautiful Mercedes-Benz 560 SL from the R107 series
– built in 1987, therefore ready for registration as a historic vehicle
– only one owner from new right until 2015, imported to Germany in 2016
– original Mercedes data plate, maintenance booklet, owner’s manual available
– repair and service records as well as clean Carfax
– low mileage of only 71,900 mls plausible against the backdrop of the extensive history file
– dark grey paintwork beautifully contrasted by bordeaux leather interior
– walnut veneer centre console, original Becker Grand Prix radio
– body-coloured hard top and black soft top both in good condition
– climate control, airbag, cruise control, power windows all came as standard in the 560 SL
– original toolkit on board
– a very convincing specimen of this perennial Mercedes-Benz classic
The Mercedes Benz R107 roadster series, unveiled in 1971, became the convertible with the highest production numbers of any SL, with over 237,000 units built over 18 years, which also means the longest production-run of any Mercedes-Benz passenger car series ever.
The 560 SL (1985 – 1989) was conceived as an export model for the American, Australian and Japanese market and never officially offered in Europe. The 5.6 litre eight-cylinder engine (M 117) was created by lengthening the stroke of the 5.0 litre V8, it produces 170 kW (231 PS).
Only the Best “Made in Germany” for the States – the SL 560 US versions were shipped from the factory “fully loaded”. The only additional equipment on the options list was a seat heating.