– 1959 MG A, classic roadster in British racing green
– believed to have been delivered to the US, came to Germany via Great Britain
– nice-looking car despite the less than perfect paint job
– traces of use and small blemishes
– interior has been refurbished at one point: seats re-upholstered, new door panels fitted
– wooden steering wheel in good condition
– only top linkage exists
– runs on black spoke wheels with knock-off hubs
– chrome on front and rear bumper in good condition
– chromed rear luggage rack adds a charming touch
– valid technical approval until 11/2018 and historic plates
Engine-wise, the original 1489 cc was replaced with a 1588 cc in 1959 and then again in 1961 with a 1622 cc. Even though the A series is best known for its roadsters, a coupé version was available as of 1956, which, its richer features’ list notwithstanding, never even remotely reached the popularity of the open variant.
In case you’ve been wondering: There’s no way to lock the doors on the roadster, as they have neither lock nor handle. You simply reach in and pull a cord…
MG A prices have been continuously on the rise for the past 50 years straight.