– very elegant, well-kept 380 SL from the R107 series
– re-imported from the US in 2014
– light beige MB tex interior
– centre arm rest and burlwood centre console
– unwarranted mileage of 191,400 mls
– attractive dark blue, paint and chrome in good condition
– body-coloured hardtop also in good shape
– owner’s manual, service history and various repair receipts available
– valid technical approval until 04/2019 and historic plates
– a convertible to get on board and feel at home
Another highlight from Mercedes-Benz!
The SL series R 107, which came on the market in 1971 as the successor to the so-called “Pagoda” (W 113 series), established a new line of design at Mercedes-Benz with its broad H4 headlights and large ribbed tail lights.
The fact that this styling is well received even today, is proven by the number of registered historic vehicles in Germany: The R107 SLs take third place of popularity, only surpassed by the VW beetle and the Mercedes W 123 series (both of which were built in much higher numbers!).
As with the previous model, the US formed the largest market. The vast majority of the vehicles was equipped with high capacity V8 engines.