A gorgeous, vintage American Pick-up
– Imported from the U.S. in 2014
– Engine upgrade to 312 CID with TÜV data sheet (244 HP by a 5.5 L V8)
– Equipped with power steering and heating
– all chrome parts: door handles, window crank, rearview mirror in very good condition
NEW – complete ignition system
– Exhaust system from the middle pot
– the interior including seats and roof lining
– No Rust
– TÜV data sheet with vehicle specifications
– Full technical report according to §21
– German registration + historic vehicle admission
– Technical control until 4/2022 (MoT)
The original F Series, as presented in 1948, was the first pickup truck by Ford which was not based upon a car chassis, but on a purpose-built truck platform. The models were denominated F-1 through F-8, according to their loading capacity, with the F-1 being the smallest (1/2 ton). After four years of production, the 2nd generation introduced a different naming scheme which is valid until today. What used to be the F-1 became the F-100, larger models were then called F-110, F-250, F-260, F-350 and F-360.
The 2nd generation F series, which had increased dimensions and improvements to engines and chassis, was assembled at 11 Ford factories, including one in Brazil, where production continued after it had ceased in the US. On the powertrain side, customers could choose between straight-6 and V8 engines with up to 129 kW (173 hp), with either manual 3-speed, 4-speed or automatic transmission. Power steering was introduced as an option in 1954.
The F Series continues to be one of Fords most successful product lines, which has in 2015 reached its 13th generation.