– a timeless coupe: 1989 BMW 635 CSi (E24)
– high-revving straight six engine with 153 kW (208 hp) from 3.5 litres of capacity
– manual 5-speed gearbox
– black leather interior in good condition
– sunroof, airbag and electrically adjustable seats with memory function
– power windows front and rear
– original radio, trip computer and air-conditioning
– original rims almost without kerb damage
– new coupling rods, wishbones, tie rod
– German registration documents, new technical approval upon purchase
– a connoisseur’s coupé on the verge of becoming eligible for historic plates
A high-revving straight six engine, standard drive, and all packaged in an equally expressive as well as timeless coupe shape: Hardly surprising the BMW 6 Series (E24) met with enthusiastic buyers for over 13 years, longer than any other BMW.
Upon its presentation, the design anticipated the styling of the future 7 Series (E23). Inside, there is the driver-related cockpit – a 70s novelty at BMW – with the center console turned slightly towards the driver. Otherwise, the upper-class coupe boasts lush luxury, since the 6 Series was designed for a comfortable ride. And that is not at all contrary to a sporting performance, least of all with the more powerful engines of the 635 CSI.
The 6 Series has the reputation of easy maintenance, and its engines are said to be virtually indestructible. For this reason, our BMW is well placed for a second spring as a classic that is fit for everyday use.