– 1986 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 Convertible
– originally delivered to the US, imported to Germany in 2015
– 3.2 litre flat six engine installed, 152 kW (207 hp) of power
– paintwork in good condition, minor stone chip damage and small scratches are visible
– power windows, electrically adjustable seats and mirrors
– front and rear bumpers and speedometer converted to European version
– Fuchs alloys and soft top in good shape
– new steering column bearing, headlights and rear lid
– oil and filters replaced recently
– gearbox replaced in the past
– Classic Data appraisal over 62,000 € (condition 2; 2016)
– has reached the age for registration as historic vehicle
A legend goes into the next generation – and loses no bit of temperament and class!
The second generation of the Porsche 911 (G model) came on the market in 1973 as a successor to the Porsche 911 (original model). It was a 2+2-seater sports car and available as coupé, convertible (as of 1983), Targa and Speedster.
The 911 was equipped with the following engines: 2.7 to 3.0 litre petrol engine (150-188 hp) and, for the Carrera version, 2.7 to 3.2 litre petrol engine (200-231 hp). The last Porsche 911 G-model rolled off the production line in 1989.
For the 1986 model year, Porsche had extended the warranty against rust from 7 to 10 years. These 911 models benefit from the improved corrosion protection until today. Another 1986 upgrade are the reinforced stabilizers.
This car is almost a must in any good garage!