– 1983 Audi “Urquattro”
– legendary inline-five cylinder turbo engine with 5-speed manual gearshift
– champagne-coloured paintwork with brown full-leather interior in good condition
– originally delivered to the US, reimported in 2015
– sports seats, pop-up roof
– air conditioning, power windows
– original quattro alloys
– injection system recently overhauled
– valid technical approval until 02/2020
– a true 1980s dream car, eye-catcher and sound investment all rolled in one
With Four, Play Five
The much sung “Vorsprung durch Technik”, here it is tangible. The Audi quattro with permanent all-wheel drive and five-cylinder turbo engine was legendary from day one. It was built over a whole decade, 11,548 units in total – that’s significantly more than the originally planned 400 for racing homologation purposes! Speaking of racing: Unforgettable, how Walter Röhrl and his teammates kept winning rally after rally, leaving the competition for dead.
The quattro sparked a veritable all-wheel-boom. Nobody cared that the front half was almost identical to the rather homely Audi 80… With this car, Audi had finally got a foothold in the premium segment. And today? Well-maintained specimens are rare, because as is so often the case with performance cars, they were tuned and tinkered with till the cows came home.
A great vehicle, all the fun on the road plus enormous potential regarding the price development.