Price coming soonCar-ID: OT0113
– timelessly elegant Mercedes-Benz 220 SE convertible from the W111 series
– originally delivered to France, then taken to the US by its long-term owner
– over 30 years in the same ownership
– white paint and blue leather interior
– authentic and acceptable degree of patina
– being offered as restoration project due to remaining work
– ample wood decor and analogue clock, the luxury of half a century ago
– a remarkable car that will not fail to attract people’s attention
Do you know a more elegant 4-seater convertible? We do not!
As of February 1961, the coupé and convertible variant of the W111 became available, initially using the same drivetrain as the sedan model 220 SE. They were referred to as 220 SEb / C.
In contrast to its predecessor, coupé and convertible are based on the unshortened carrier of the associated sedan and were thus a full four-seater. Coupé and sedan have also stylistically many similarities, but not one of the components of the four-door car could be used for the coupé or convertible. More than four times as many parts as for the sedan were made by hand for the coupés and convertibles.
These C-models were the last largely handmade Mercedes, which is why the price of coupés and convertibles were almost twice as high as that of the sedan.