– 1982 BMW 633 CSi in Rallye livery
– originally delivered to the US and re-imported in 2016
– 3.2 litre inline six-cylinder engine producing 145 kW (197 hp)
– 5 speed manual gearbox
– Recaro sports seats with Schroth seatbelts fitted
– additional high beams, Hella Comet 500
– traditional BMW coloured rallye stripes (foil)
– German registration documents, technical approval new on purchase, historic plates
– an impressive and highly eye-catching E24 coupé
A high-revving straight six engine, standard drive, and all packaged in an equally expressive as well as timeless coupé shape: Hardly surprising the BMW 6 Series (E24) met with enthusiastic buyers for over 13 years, longer than any other BMW.
Upon its presentation, the design anticipated the styling of the future 7 Series (E23). Inside, there is the driver-related cockpit – a 70s novelty at BMW – with the center console turned slightly towards the driver. Otherwise, the upper-class coupé boasts lush luxury, since the 6 Series was designed for a comfortable ride. And that is not at all contrary to a sporting performance, least of all with the more powerful engines of the 635 CSi.
The 6 Series has the reputation of easy maintenance and its engines are said to be virtually indestructible. For this reason, this BMW is well placed for a second spring as a classic that is fit for everyday use.