– BMW 635 CSi from the perennially popular E24 series
– built in 1986, originally delivered to the US, re-imported to its country of origin in 2014
– golden rims accentuate the sportive appearance of this noble coupé
– four-seater with rear centre console
– equipment list features air conditioning, power windows, sunroof and trip computer
– used state with deficiencies to both chassis and electrics
– German registration documents
A high-revving straight six engine, standard drive, and all packaged in an equally expressive as well as timeless coupe shape: Hardly surprising the BMW 6 Series (E24) met with enthusiastic buyers for over 13 years, longer than any other BMW.
Upon its presentation, the design anticipated the styling of the future 7 Series (E23). Inside, there is the driver-related cockpit – a 70s novelty at BMW – with the center console turned slightly towards the driver. Otherwise, the upper-class coupe boasts lush luxury, since the 6 Series was designed for a comfortable ride. And that is not at all contrary to a sporting performance, least of all with the more powerful engines of the 635 CSI.
The 6 Series has the reputation of easy maintenance, and its engines are said to be virtually indestructible. For this reason, our BMW is well placed for a second spring as a classic that is fit for everyday use.