A timeless design classic car
– 6-cylindres engine with 2.748 cm³ and 170 hp
– First registration in 1968 – more than half a century ago
– 5-digit speedometer with 39.200 km
– Becker Mexico cassette radio and analog clock
– Fuchs alloy rims
– Recently completely repainted
– No visible accident damage
– Chrome parts in good condition
– 2018 convertible top renewed
– Wind deflector available
– German registration + historic vehicle admission
The top model of the ever-popular W113 series
The Pagoda – a design classic par excellence!
When presented at the Geneva Motor Show in 1963, the W113 had the difficult task of replacing two models at a time, the 190 SL as well as the 300 SL. A task that was almost equivalent to the quadrature of the circle, but was solved brilliantly. Because of its smooth surfaces, the spacious interior and the absence of decorative elements, it came across as very “masculine” and made the predecessors with their rounded styling look outdated.
It was available as 230 SL (1963-1967), 250 SL (1967) and 280 SL (1968-1971), built with either manual or automatic transmission, to a total of 48,912 vehicles. Because of its slightly concave hardtop, available as an accessory, it was nicknamed Pagoda.
The W113 was suitable for any occasion – be it for the opera, the golf course or the small shopping – and the main thing: it looked good on you!