– 1998 Bentley Azure
– classic colour combination of dark blue exterior with light beige leather interior
– matching dark blue soft top
– 6.75 litre V8 engine providing 286 kW (389 hp), with automatic gearbox
– beautiful burlwood interior trim
– dual climate control
– electrically adjustable, heated seats with memory function
– runs on 17″ Bentley alloy wheels
– Dutch registration documents
Its sheer dimensions are bound to impress: A length of over 5.3 metres and a kerb weight of no less than 2.6 tons set the Bentley Azure apart from most other convertibles. It was certainly not designed to be a sports car, but its performance figures didn’t need to fear comparison: Compensating for its lack of aerodynamics with sheer power from the marque‘s well-known 6.75 litre V8, the Azure was able to reach a top speed of 241 km/h and sprint from 0 to 100 in 6.5 seconds if necessary. The luxury convertible was based on the Continental R platform. Its elaborate soft top was manufactured by Pininfarina, while final assembly took place at Bentley‘s Crewe plant.
Over the course of 9 years, only 1,403 units were built. It was one of the most expensive vehicles on the market, priced at over half a million DM at the time of its launch. The VW takeover of the Bentley brand in 1998 did not mean the end of production. VW decided to bring out a new version after a delay: Based on the Arnage platform, the 2nd generation Azure went on sale in 2006 and continued until 2009, with performance figures upped even further: The top model had over 370 kW (500 hp) and 1,000 Nm of torque.