– 1979 BMW 628 CSi
– delivered and always registered in Germany
– low mileage of only 89,800 km on the odometer
– 2.8 liter inline 6-cylinder engine with 135 kW (184 hp) and automatic transmission
– beautiful combination of dark blue paintwork and beige leather interior
– power windows front and rear
– period-correct radio installed
– original 16″ alloy wheels and original toolkit
– over 2,000 € invested over the past couple of years, receipts available
– new parts include fuel pump, brake lines and exhaust system
– various repairs / maintenance: engine oil and filter changed
– German registration documents and historic plates
A high-revving straight six engine, standard drive, and all packaged in an equally expressive as well as timeless coupé shape: Hardly surprising the BMW 6 Series (E24) met with enthusiastic buyers for over 13 years, longer than any other BMW.
Upon its presentation, the design anticipated the styling of the future 7 Series (E23). Inside, there is the driver-related cockpit – a 70s novelty at BMW – with the center console turned slightly towards the driver. Otherwise, the upper-class coupé boasts lush luxury, since the 6 Series was designed for a comfortable ride. And that is not at all contrary to a sporting performance, least of all with the more powerful engines of the 635 CSi.
The 6 Series has the reputation of easy maintenance and its engines are said to be virtually indestructible. For this reason, this BMW is well placed for a second spring as a classic that is fit for everyday use.