– 1970 Jaguar E-Type Series II
– 4.2 liter inline 6-cylinder engine with automatic transmission
– originally delivered to the US, then imported to Italy
– restored in Italy and re-painted in Gunmetal Grey
– odometer reset at restoration, previous mileage reported to be 44,500 mls
– 2015 imported to Germany
– beige leather interior in good condition
– wooden steering wheel
– beautiful chromed spoke wheels
– German registration documents, valid technical approval until 05/2020 and historic plates
The essence of automotive beauty
No other than Enzo Ferrari called the E-Type the most beautiful car ever made, and even if beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, not too many people would have contradicted him since. The debut of the XK-E, called “E-Type”, in 1961 was nothing short of a sensation. Its unrivalled elegant styling was complemented by plenty of power, and all of that at a relatively moderate price.
Over the years, the successful model was modified in several ways: From the spring of 1966 there was a 2 + 2-seater version with an extended wheelbase. In 1967, the headlight covers fell victim to American safety regulations. On the engine side, there were six-cylinder engines with 3.8 and later 4.2 litres, and as of 1971, twelve-cylinder motors to choose from. Production of the compact two-seaters ceased in 1971, the so-called Series III was only offered as a 2+2-seater.
A classic of superlatives, that’s all there is to it.