– 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
– sapphire red metallic exterior and black leather interior
– 420 kW (571 hp) from 6.2 litres of displacement, 7-speed dual clutch gearbox
– only 10,400 km on the odometer
– vehicle was delivered new to Dubai
– 2017 over 23,000 € invested, invoices available
– Bang & Olufsen sound system
– Bi-Xenon headlights, reverse camera
– memory package
– German registration documents
The production run of the iconic Mercedes-Benz 300 SL “Gullwing” had ceased in 1963. Such a legendary vehicle it was, that Mercedes decided to honour it by designing a new supercar some 47 years later. The Mercedes-Benz SLS of the C 197 series couldn’t have made it clearer that it was paying homage to its ancestor: Like the 300 SL had done, it featured gullwing doors, and it outperformed nearly any other car, featuring what was the world’s most powerful naturally aspirated production series engine, a 6.2 litre V8 with originally 420 kW (571 hp) and later up to 464 kW (631 hp) of power.
The SLS was also the first Mercedes to be designed entirely by AMG in Affalterbach, who also manufactured the engine, while the chassis and aluminium body were produced by Magna Steyr in Graz, Austria, to be asssembled at Mercedes’ Sindelfingen plant.
The car was received enthusiastically and purchased by many a celebrity, among them Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Boris Becker and Cristiano Ronaldo. It also won numerous awards of international significance. Being a true heir to its ancestor, the SLS AMG had become a classic by the time production was ended in 2014.