– elegant 1996 Bentley Brooklands
– delivered and always registered in Germany
– unwarranted odometer reading of 101,700 km
– 6.8 litre 8-cylinder engine with 183 kW (249 hp) and automatic transmission
– classic colour combination of black paintwork and beige leather interior
– electrically adjustable, heated seats with memory function
– burlwood facia and centre console
– cruise control, climate control, power windows front and rear
– leather steering wheel
– original 16″ Bentley alloys
– German registration documents
The Bentley Brooklands limousine created as of 1992 is largely based on the technology of the Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit series. Featuring the most powerful V8 engine with 180 kW (245 hp) that Bentley had ever created so far, this luxury sedan showed a clear distinction from Rolls-Royce and took power and sportiness to a new level.The name Brooklands derives from the historic race circuit in Weybridge, England, which opened in 1907. It was the first motor race circuit in the world exclusively used for vehicle testing and racing competitions.
Owing to its new four-speed automatic transmission and an electronically controlled shock absorber system with hydro-pneumatic rear axle level control, the Brooklands guarantees a smooth yet powerful glide.
A total of 1,208 units of the standard version were built, plus a further 172 with a long wheelbase.
As a variant, the Brooklands R featured an increased engine power with 224 kW (305 hp). This version is a very rare one since only 221 units were built from 1997 to 1998. Only 18 units were equipped with a long wheelbase, and Mulliner, the in-house workshop, has refined 100 vehicles.