– 1981 Mercedes-Benz 230 CE from the C123 series
– dark blue metallic paintwork and grey-blue part-leather interior
– 4-cylinder petrol engine with 100 kW (136 hp)
– unwarranted mileage of only 81,900 km
– wooden steering wheel
– retro-style radio installed
– 16″ Borbet alloy wheels with wide-base tyres
– sports suspension and rims approved
– German registration documents and historic plates
Rock solid elegance from Germany
The 123 models were the most successful cars Mercedes ever built. In 1980, the W123 even beat rival Volkswagen, having more registrations than the all-time winner VW Golf. The long delivery time of up to three years had an interesting effect: Young used cars cost more than new ones.
The coupé was derived from the sedan and was presented in 1977. Its shorter wheelbase made it look more sturdy and sportive. All coupé models featured broad halogen headlights.
For every 24 limousines, Mercedes produced only one coupé, which is why the C123 was very early considered an eligible classic. Its high production quality makes it a very reliable vehicle, even today. In Germany, Mercedes sold them with four or six cylinder petrol motors, while clients in the US could also choose additional diesel models.