Rare Porsche 911 GT2 Clubsport (996) – only 75 left-hand-drive units built
Sport version of the Porsche 911 Turbo
– 3 owners
– 3.6 litre engine with 340 kW (462 hp) and six-speed manual transmission
– Pure rear-wheel drive with more power and low power to weight ratio
– Extensive revision of the engine at km 63.495, documentation available
– Paint in silver and black fabric interior with leather steering wheel
– Clubsport version with screwed safety bar, fire extinguisher and battery main switch
– Recaro Racing bucket seats with red harness straps
– As standard, with the new PCCB brake system and the new rear spoiler
– Front + side airbags, radio, air conditioning, power windows, power steering, anti-theft system, immobilizer, traction control, ABS
– Complete service booklet available
– German registration documents and valid technical approval (MoT) until 02.2022
The Porsche 996 was the first 911 model to sport a water-cooled-engine. The air-cooled flat sixes – near-synonymous with the 911 ever since the first models had been built – weren’t able to cope with the hardened emission standards. But not only the cooling was changed, the chassis was, too. An additional 19 cm in length and 9.5 cm in width resulted in a more comfortable road performance compared to the predecessors. Many parts of the chassis were used in Porsche Boxster as well as in the 996, which led to an uproar in the 911 community as it got difficult to distinguish the Boxster-front from the 911-front. Not surprisingly the 996 didn’t turn out to be everybody’s darling. Responding to the negative feedback Porsche presented a facelift with increased engine power, better exhaust sound and replaced the headlights, which – due to their appearance – had been nicknamed “fried eggs” with the ones from the Turbo.
The 996 was available with a 6-speed gearshift or the Tiptronic automatic transmission. Engine power reached from 221 kW (300 hp) up to 254 kW (345 PS), the turbo-models had 331 kW (450 hp) as standard from 2004 onwards, and the 911 GT2 even produced up to 355 kW (483 hp). The 996 was available in more variants than any other member of the 911 model family before.