Here comes the Italian “Family car” of the Sixties
– Italian registration
– 767 ccm water-cooled 4 cylinder gasoline engine with 24 HP
– New body paint in gray
– Underbody renewed (welded)
– New carpets
– Front axle recalibrated, new front lights and shock absorbers
– Red leatherette interior with white piping
– Audiola Classic Radio
– Well-kept general condition
The Fiat 600, designed by the Italian engineer and designer Dante Giacosa, was presented at the Geneva Motor Show in 1955. Between 1955 and 1960, over 890,000 first generation cars were built. By 1960 the first generation, with rear-hinged doors and a 633 cc and 19 hp engine, had been built.
This was followed until 1969 by the second generation, 600 D, with the engine boosted to 767 cc and 25 hp. This model was already recognizable from the outside by the triangular hinged windows. From 1965 the 600 D was delivered with the doors hinged at the front. More than 1,561,000 2nd generation cars were delivered from the Fiat factory in Turin.
The following generations, the Fiat 600 R and the 600 S were produced exclusively in the Fiat factory in the province of Cordoba in Argentina until 1982. Within the entire construction period until 1982 there were only four model changes.
After production of the Fiat 600 series in Turin was discontinued, the group exported the Seat 600 E, with the model designation Fiat 770 S, to a number of countries in response to high customer demand.
Parallel to the Turin production the Fiat 600 was also built in Germany as NSU-Fiat “Jagst”, in Spain as Seat 600, in Yugoslavia as Zastava 600 and as Steyr Fiat 600 under licence.