– incredibly well preserved Audi Urquattro in amazon blue, unrestored and unwelded
– body panels and features by Walter Treser, chief quattro developer
– front bumper with spoiler, rear bumper, rear valance, black rear light band
– delivered to German Audi dealership when new, mostly used as showroom exhibit
– from 1997 till today part of an Audi collection
– never driven in winter, cavity sealing in place since the 1980s
– matching numbers vehicle
– interior in velours negro (“zebra look”) in great shape
– Treser alloys, sports steering wheel and additional gauges
– digital cockpit with synthesized voice warning messages
– power steering, power windows, central locking
– comprehensive repair receipts over € 4,000 (March/April 2017) available
– German registration documents, valid technical approval until 04/2019 and historic plates
– veritable 1980s time capsule
The much sung “Vorsprung durch Technik” (advance through technology), here it is tangible. The Audi quattro with permanent all-wheel drive and five-cylinder turbo engine was legendary from day one. It was built over a whole decade, 11,548 units in total – that’s significantly more than the originally planned 400 for racing homologation purposes! Speaking of racing: Unforgettable, how Walter Röhrl and his teammates kept winning rally after rally, leaving the competition for dead.
It was the discovery that a 4-wheel-drive VW Iltis had far better traction on a slippery slope than even the most powerful standard car, which led to the development of the quattro – which was given its name by one of the chief engineers, Walter Treser, at that time Director of Pre-Development.
The quattro sparked a veritable all-wheel-boom. Nobody cared that the front half was almost identical to the rather homely Audi 80… With this car, Audi had finally got a foothold in the premium segment. And today? Well-maintained specimens are rare, because as is so often the case with performance cars, they were tuned and tinkered with till the cows came home.
A great vehicle, all the fun on the road plus enormous potential regarding the price development.