– Jaguar XJS Convertible
– originally delivered to the US, used to run in California
– imported to Germany in 2014
– beautiful colour combination of platinum metallic paintwork and beige leather interior
– well-maintained car inside and out
– only minor traces of use
– electrically actuated dark brown soft top and matching tarpaulin
– automatic GM Turbo Hydramatic gearbox
– heated seats, cruise control and trip computer
– original cassette radio on board
One of the 1980/90s Top Trumps winners!
With “Cylinders: V12”, it beat them all, or almost. A winning type therefore – despite being eyed with rather a lot of suspicion at its presentation – hardly surprising, after all, being the heir to an undisputed cult object such as the Jaguar E-Type is certainly no easy game to play.
And yet it has managed, in its very own way. Precisely by being different: Massive, dignified, courageous, athletic only at second glance – a bit quirky even, a car for individualists. And they honored it, kept buying the distinctive upper-class coupé for over two decades. During this period, the modifications took place almost exclusively underneath the sheets: Never change a winning, er, cat. A convertible variant only became available in 1988, when the XJS had already been on the market for 13 years.
Even with the straight 6 engines, the big cat was far from underpowered, and owing to its innovative chassis, sports car connoisseurs can still feel like winners today.