– BMW M 635 CSi, the top model of the E24 series
– inline 6 cylinder engine with 3.5 litres of capacity and a power output of 210 kW (286 hp)
– engine revised 2005-2006 at 184,000 km, over € 7,000 spent, invoices available
– manual 5-speed gearbox, overhauled in 2006
– classic colour combination of black exterior with beige leather interior
– in the same ownership since 1997, extensive document file exists
– power windows front and rear, air conditioning, power sunroof
– trip computer, Becker Indianapolis radio with satnav
– sports seats, special alloys
– recent expert appraisal states market value of € 67,600 (condition 2)
– German registration documents, valid technical approval until 02/2019 and historic plates
– well-maintained specimen of one of BMW’s most sought-after coupés
A high-revving straight six engine, standard drive, and all packaged in an equally expressive as well as timeless coupé shape: Hardly surprising the BMW 6 Series (E24) met with enthusiastic buyers for over 13 years, longer than any other BMW.
Upon its presentation, the design anticipated the styling of the future 7 Series (E23). Inside, there is the driver-related cockpit – a 70s novelty at BMW – with the center console turned slightly towards the driver. Otherwise, the upper-class coupé boasts lush luxury, since the 6 Series was designed for a comfortable ride. And that is not at all contrary to a sporting performance, least of all with the more powerful engines of the 635 CSi.
The 6 Series has the reputation of easy maintenance and its engines are said to be virtually indestructible. For this reason, this BMW is well placed for a second spring as a classic that is fit for everyday use.