– BMW 320i from the E30 series
– 2nd generation of BMW’s “3 series” in untinkered, original condition
– delivered and always registered in Germany
– in the same possession since 1990, previously registered to BMW dealership
– alpine white paintwork and grey fabric interior in good shape
– steel sunroof, fog lights, Grundig cassette radio
– inline 6-cylinder engine with 95 kW (129 hp) from 2.0 litres of capacity
– automatic gearbox
– towbar fitted
– German registration documents, valid technical approval until 10/2019 and historic plates
BMW’s 2nd generation of the 3 series, the E30, replaced its popular predecessor in 1982. With its straight lines, Claus Luthe – who had penned the timeless NSU Ro 80 – created a car that perfectly catered to the taste of its era. The handsome and well-built cars with their wonderfully smooth engines were originally available as 2- and 4-door sedans. In 1985, BMW added a convertible, and in 1987, a station wagon named “Touring” completed the lineup.
The 325 iX, available as of 1985, introduced four-wheel-drive to the 3 series. Diesel- and Turbo-Diesel models were offered as of 1985 (324 d) and 1987 (324 td). Motorsport enthusiasts’ dream was of course the M3 with up to 175 kW (238 hp) of power. In total, 2,339,520 units of the E30 series were built, nearly doubling the figures of the preceding E21.
35 years after its presentation, the E30 is already fast becoming a sought-after classic. It is getting exceedingly difficult to find a well-preserved, original specimen – simply because many have suffered dearly at the hands of a financially inflexible clientele of 3rd and 4th hand owners attraced by the racing qualities of the E30 3 series.