– 1985 BMW 628 CSi
– only two owners from new
– classical colour combination of white paintwork and black leather interior
– car was restored a few years ago and displays very favourably
– inline 6-cylinder engine with 135 kW (184 hp) and 5-speed manual gearbox
– power windows front and rear, air conditioning
– originial BMW Bavaria cassette radio on board
– BMW alloy wheels and fog lights
– original toolkit available
– service booklet and various repair receipts come with the car
– German registration documents, valid technical approval until 09/2019 and historic plates
A high-revving straight six engine, standard drive, and all packaged in an equally expressive as well as timeless coupé shape: Hardly surprising the BMW 6 Series (E24) met with enthusiastic buyers for over 13 years, longer than any other BMW.
Upon its presentation, the design anticipated the styling of the future 7 Series (E23). Inside, there is the driver-related cockpit – a 70s novelty at BMW – with the center console turned slightly towards the driver. Otherwise, the upper-class coupé boasts lush luxury, since the 6 Series was designed for a comfortable ride. And that is not at all contrary to a sporting performance, least of all with the more powerful engines of the 635 CSi.
The 6 Series has the reputation of easy maintenance and its engines are said to be virtually indestructible. For this reason, this BMW is well placed for a second spring as a classic that is fit for everyday use.