– Mercedes-Benz 230 E from the W123 series
– built in 1984, the penultimate year of W123 production
– delivered and always registered in Germany, only 3 keepers from new
– yellow paintwork with beige part-leather interior
– in convincing state of preservation inside and out
– automatic gearbox, sunroof
– headrests and centre armrest front and rear
– no pending repairs, ready to take to the road
– Classic Data appraisal in 2016 testifies a replacement value of € 13,500
– German registration documents, valid technical approval until 05/2020 and historic plates
Rock solid elegance from Germany
The 123 models were arguably the most successful cars Mercedes ever built. In 1980, the W123 even beat rival Volkswagen, having more registrations than the all-time winner VW Golf. The long delivery time of up to three years had an interesting effect: Young used cars cost more than new ones. A total of almost 2.7 million units were built, with engines ranging from 2.0 to 3.0 litres of capacity and 55 to 185 hp. Almost 50 % of the W123 had a diesel engine fitted – which was the engine of choice for taxi companies all over the world. Cars from this series have the reputation of being extremely reliable and perfectly able to cover distances of 800.000 km and more without breaking down. The W123 series was also the first Mercedes which was available as a factory-built station wagon (the very few wagons of the W114/115 had been licence builds).
Nowadays, these elegant Mercedes have become popular classics. Even the last of their kind can now obtain the historic number plates.