– Porsche 911 Carrera 2 convertible WTL (964)
– one from 702 of its kind
– from penultimate year of 964 production, 1993
– delivered and always registered in Germany, with its current owner since 2002
– polar silver metallic (A8V8) with blue leather interior and dark blue soft top
– cruise control, electrically adjustable, heated seats, climate control, trip computer
– Porsche CR31 CD-radio on board
– original Cup rims, wind blocker
– original document folder and various repair receipts available
– over € 10,000 invested in service and maintenance since 2012
– renewed parts include brakes, alternator, battery, tyres, steering gear, oil lines
– valid technical approval until 07/2020 and German registration documents
After 16 years of production, the highly popular “G model” of the Porsche 911 was due for a thorough makeover in 1989. The successor, which bore the internal code 964, is said to have shared no more than 15 % of its parts with model it replaced. While retaining the characteristic basic design, the 964 brought a cornucopia of technical innovations. For the first time in a 911, all wheel drive, derived from the technology carrier Porsche 959, and the Tiptronic automatic gearshift became available. Power steering, airbags as well as ABS brakes likewise found their way into the 911. The suspension was revised substantially, it now featured coil springs and shock absorbers instead of torsion bars. From the outside, the most noticeable change lay in the large, integrated bumpers, as well as in the electric rear spoiler which was raised and lowered according to the travelling speed.
In the rear, there was still the air-cooled six-cylinder boxer engine – now with twin-spark – which most commonly had 3.6 litres of displacement, though 3.3 and 3.75 litre variants were available, as well as turbo engines.
The 964 was the last 911 model which was offered as a traditional Targa with the removable roof.