– 2001 Maserati 3200 GTA
– iconic Italian sports car with the characteristic boomerang rear lights
– well-maintained car in mediterranean colour combination
– “blu nettuno” exterior paint with beige full-leather interior
– largely original condition without dents or scratches
– 3.2 litre Biturbo engine with 271 kW (368 hp) with magnificent sound
– climate control, power windows, Bluetooth-radio
– original alloy wheels
– valid technical approval until 03/2021
– a definite future classic
In the summer of 1998, Maserati presented the 3200 GT to the public. The new car was significantly longer than the Shamal and 2nd generation Ghibli which it replaced. Its elegant design, which marked a shift away from Maserati styling up to then, came from Giorgetto Giugiaro’s company, Italdesign. Ferrari had taken over the Maserati company by 1998, which meant that the 3200 GT was to be the last Maserati still featuring the famous twin-turbo engine, which in this car offered up to 272 kW (370 hp) from 3.2 litres of capacity. Drive was sent to the rear wheels either by means of a 6-speed manual gearbox, or by a 4-speed automatic transmission. A limited series of 150 units was marketed in 2001 as “Assetto Corsa”, with a lowered suspension and upgraded brake system. The 3200 GT was the first production car to use LED rear lights: On this car, they were shaped like boomerangs – which failed to meet US requirements and prevented the car from going on sale in the important American market. All in all, 4,795 3200 GT were built.
The successor, named simply “Maserati Coupé”, did away with the boomerangs, but retained most of the styling features of the 3200 GT. Mechanically, however, it was all new and featured a naturally aspirated V8 developed by Ferrari.