– 1987 BMW 635 CSi from the E24 series
– atlantis blue paintwork with grey fabric interior
– Alpina B7 bodykit
– inline-6 cylinder engine with 155 kW (211 hp) from 3.5 litres of displacement
– automatic transmission
– trip computer, power windows, electrically adjustable sports seats, sunroof
– power steering, central locking
– alloy wheels
– German registration documents, valid technical approval until 12/2020 and historic plates
– one of BMW’s forever popular coupes in a rare and attractive livery
A high-revving straight six engine, standard drive, and all packaged in an equally expressive as well as timeless coupé shape: Hardly surprising the BMW 6 Series (E24) met with enthusiastic buyers for over 13 years, longer than any other BMW.
Upon its presentation, the design anticipated the styling of the future 7 Series (E23). Inside, there is the driver-related cockpit – a 70s novelty at BMW – with the center console turned slightly towards the driver. Otherwise, the upper-class coupé boasts lush luxury, since the 6 Series was designed for a comfortable ride. And that is not at all contrary to a sporting performance, least of all with the more powerful engines of the 635 CSi.
The 6 Series has the reputation of easy maintenance and its engines are said to be virtually indestructible. For this reason, this BMW is well placed for a second spring as a classic that is fit for everyday use.