– 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe
– early specimen of Ford’s classic Pony Car
– 289 cui (4,7 l) V8 engine and automatic transmission
– low mileage of only 71,800 mls, proven by plenty of invoice receipts
– complete ownership history, car remained with its first owner for 30 years
– unrestored Mustang with a highly attractive patina
– Wimbledon white paint with Palomino leather interior
– original air conditioning and original radio on board
– runs on 1965 GT wheels
– original owner’s manual
– valid technical approval until 01/2022 and ready for registration as a historic vehicle
The original pony car – a legend takes its course
Who would have guessed how big the market gap really was, before Ford bridged it with this car? Customers camping outside the shops in order to grab one of the desired models … 680,000 units sold within two years … America was upside down, because Ford’s concept of “full performance at a fair price” had come to full fruition.
The Mustang was a trendsetter – so much so, the whole species of “Pony Cars” were named after it. Their typical features are the elongated hood, a relatively short tail, enough space for 4 people – but first and foremost, engines with more power than the running gear and braking system could handle … Even the first generation Mustangs came with up to 400 hp from just under 7 litres’ engine capacity.
The essence of “the American Way of Drive” , unadulterated and undiluted.