– 1987 BMW M 635 CSi
– re-imported from the US in 2019
– reportedly only 2 previous owners
– 3.5 litre engine with 191 kW (260 hp) and manual transmission
– original black exterior paint and restored light beige leather interior
– unwarranted mileage of 145,000 mls
– sunroof, power windows and electrically adjustable seats
– rear centre armrest
– 16″ BBS alloy wheels, sport exhaust and Dinan Performance engine chip
– original BMW radio and complete toolbox
– radiator recently renewed
– Polish registration documents, already eligible for German registration as a historic vehicle
A high-revving straight six engine, standard drive, and all packaged in an equally expressive as well as timeless coupé shape: Hardly surprising the BMW 6 Series (E24) met with enthusiastic buyers for over 13 years, longer than any other BMW.
Upon its presentation, the design anticipated the styling of the future 7 Series (E23). Inside, there is the driver-related cockpit – a 70s novelty at BMW – with the center console turned slightly towards the driver. Otherwise, the upper-class coupé boasts lush luxury, since the 6 Series was designed for a comfortable ride. And that is not at all contrary to a sporting performance, least of all with the more powerful engines of the 635 CSi.
The 6 Series has the reputation of easy maintenance and its engines are said to be virtually indestructible. For this reason, this BMW is well placed for a second spring as a classic that is fit for everyday use.