Price coming soonCar-ID: XT0410
– Mercedes-Benz 280 S
– from the year 1972, the last year of production
– delivered to Japan, imported to Germany in 2019
– 2.8 litre engine with 103 kW (140 hp)
– automatic transmission with steering column mounted gear selector
– grey exterior paint and red leather interior
– auxiliary headlights
– already eligible for German registration as a historic vehicle
The S-Class of the late 60s
Even if the W108 model series was never officially called “S-class”, it was just that: The top model of the German premium manufacturer, predestined for the rich and famous in all countries. Presidents, business leaders, successful businessmen and nobles should buy it. Since these gentlemen preferred being chauffeured, a long-wheelbase version was offered during the entire construction period.
One could choose between the 6- and 8-cylinder engines, whereupon the biggest, a powerful 8-cylinder engine with 4.5 liter capacity, was produced only for the American market. Apart from that, the big Benz was – as always – also a technology and innovation leader, it had disc brakes on all wheels and a dual brake circuit. The design was chosen deliberately free of short-lived fads (like the tail fins of the previous model).