Price coming soonCar-ID: XT0422
– 1993 Mercedes-Benz 500 SEL (W140)
– the pinnacle of German automotive engineering in the 1990s
– vehicle was delivered to Japan and re-imported in 2019
– reportedly only one registered keeper from new
– electrically adjustable, heated seats with memory function
– heated rear seats
– sun roof, climate control, cruise control
– original Mercedes-Benz radio
– original Mercedes-Benz 16″ alloy wheels
– owner’s manual and warranty booklet available
Automobile size, redefined
With the appearance of the new S-Class in 1991, it rained criticism: The vehicles were too heavy, not at all up to date in their megalomania – loading capacity was too low, and to top it all off, they didn’t even fit on the Sylt-shuttle trains!
Those who didn’t care about all of the above, acquired a sedan that set new standards and came with a hoist of innovations: CAN bus, voice controlled car telephony, park distance control, ESP, double glazed laminated safety glass … things that nowadays have become automotive standard were here on board for the first time. The excellent workmanship and reliability bestowed many W 140 a second career outside Germany. Models of this series were the first to be offered with V12 engines. Incidentally, the Maybachs built until 2011 were largely based on the the W 140 series.
Like all large Mercedes limousines before, the 1990s S-Class will be a sought-after classic in the foreseeable future.