For Aficionados the most elegant automobile ever
– originally delivered to the U.S.
– 1996 imported by the current owner, in the hands of the same owner for 24 years
– unwarranted mileage of only 83.200 mls
– declared accident-free vehicle
– bought fully restored, restored several times in the last years
– 2019 over 5,300 EUR invested
– Three-spoke wood steering wheel
– Armrest and epochal radio
– beautiful chromed spoke rims
– German registration documents
The essence of automotive beauty
No other than Enzo Ferrari called the E-Type the most beautiful car ever made, and even if beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, not too many people would have contradicted him since. The debut of the XK-E, called “E-Type”, in 1961 was nothing short of a sensation. Its unrivalled elegant styling was complemented by plenty of power, and all of that at a relatively moderate price.
Over the years, the successful model was modified in several ways: From spring of 1966 there was a 2 + 2-seater version with an extended wheelbase. In 1967, the headlight covers fell victim to American safety regulations. On the engine side, there were six-cylinder engines with 3.8 and later 4.2 litres, and as of 1971, twelve-cylinder motors to choose from. Production of the compact two-seaters ceased in 1971, the so-called Series III was only offered as a 2+2-seater.
A classic car of superlatives that became an icon of the motoring world.
The New York City Museum of Modern Art recognised the significance of the E-Type’s design in 1996 by adding a blue roadster to its permanent design collection, one of only six automobiles to receive the distinction