– originally delivered to the USA
– 1996 imported by the current owner, in the hands of the same owner for 24 years
– unwarranted mileage of only 83,200 mls
– declared accident-free vehicle
– bought fully restored, restored several times in the last years
– 2019 over 5,300 EUR invested in restoration
– Three-spoke wood steering wheel
– Armrest and epochal radio available
– beautiful chromed spoke rims
– German registration documents
The essence of automotive beauty
No other than Enzo Ferrari called the E-Type the most beautiful car ever made, and even if beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, not too many people would have contradicted him since. The debut of the XK-E, called “E-Type”, in 1961 was nothing short of a sensation. Its unrivalled elegant styling was complemented by plenty of power, and all of that at a relatively moderate price.
Over the years, the successful model was modified in several ways: From the spring of 1966 there was a 2 + 2-seater version with an extended wheelbase. In 1967, the headlight covers fell victim to American safety regulations. On the engine side, there were six-cylinder engines with 3.8 and later 4.2 litres, and as of 1971, twelve-cylinder motors to choose from. Production of the compact two-seaters ceased in 1971, the so-called Series III was only offered as a 2+2-seater.
A classic of superlatives, that’s all there is to it.