Porsche Boxster 987 the “New One”
– First registration in Switzerland
– German registration papers
– Technical control until 01/2022 (MOT)
– plausible odometer reading through corresponding proof of maintenance
– great-looking, racy color combination in black body paint and red leather interior
– Air conditioning
– Automatic speed control
– Comfort seats electrically adjustable and heated
In order to get the Porsche Group out of the sales and earnings crisis, the decision was made to develop a mid-engine sports car in line with the roadster boom at the time.
A prototype of the Porsche Boxster was presented at the Detroit Motor Show in 1993. The market launch of the roadster with a boxer engine was in Germany in 1996 with the type designation 986. After around 9 years of production, the successor, the Boxster (type 987), was introduced. In addition to the changes in the interior, center console, door panels and steering wheel, the design of the headlights was changed, similar to the model series of the Porsche 911. At the same time, the performance was increased to 176 KW (240 PS) when it was launched.
The third generation of the Porsche Boxster was only released as Type 981 in spring 2012.