Unique in the world: This amazing AMG Roadster makes collectors’ hearts beat faster!
– Inspirated by the 417-edition, but with a clearly more powerful engine
– Only 7.179 km
– V8 with 585 hp
– 1 Owner
– traditional plaid from the SL racing cars of the 50s
– Real carbon strips in the interior
– 5 different driving modes
– 6 piston fixed caliper brake
– Convertible top closes in less than 20 seconds
This beautiful AMG Roadster makes collectors’ hearts beat faster! The SL 63 “Laureus” is absolutely unique and has only been produced once. The basic idea for the “Laureus” arose during the development phase for the Mercedes-Benz special edition “Mille Miglia 417”, which was launched to mark the 60th anniversary of the historic victory in the legendary 1955 endurance race.
Based on the SL winning car of the time and inspired by the traditional checked fabric seats in the color scheme typical of the time, these fabrics were used as a design feature in the “Laureus” special model, which makes the vehicle unique in itself. In addition, of course, this unique piece also has all the distinctive components of the 417 special edition.
The vehicle was auctioned at the end of 2015 as part of an award ceremony in the Hotel Grand Hyatt Berlin for the benefit of the “Laureus Sport for Good” – Foundation.