Price coming soonCar-ID: XT0532
“Baroque Angel” The first German light metal V8
– 110 hp from a 2.6-litre V8 engine
– Mainly original + authentic condition with adequate patina
– Four-speed manual transmission
– Body in steel
– Dashboard and steering wheel in authentic used condition
– The vehicle was extensively restored in 1987:
Floor assembly repaired with new sheet metal parts,The entire body was sandblasted and any corrosion removed, Completely painted in original paint color outside and inside, cavity sealed,new interior incl. carpet, engine completely overhauled
– Moved about 30,000 KM since the restoration
– Radio Becker Mexico
– Dekra appraisal 2020 (Grade 3+)
– German Registration, historic vehicle admission + valid technical approval (MoT) until 09/2022
The BMW 501/502 were built from 1952 to 1964 and are known as “Baroque Angels” because of their curved lines. In addition to the sedans, a few convertibles and coupes were also produced. The type 501 was the first BMW car from Munich, all previous ones were manufactured in Eisenach.
In 1954 the BMW 502 came on the market, which was powered by the first eight-cylinder engine newly designed in Germany after the Second World War. The V8 engine from 1954 had a displacement of 2.6 liters. From 1955 there was a 3.2-liter version for the BMW 502. The output was 120 hp and was increased to 140 hp in 1957. All vehicles had rear-wheel drive and a fully synchronized four-speed gearbox with steering wheel shift and from February 1963 stick shift. The representative vehicles were very expensive for the post-war period with prices between DM 11,500 and around DM 22,000, so that only a little more than 23,000 units were sold in the entire construction period, including around 280 convertibles and coupés with bodies from Baur in Stuttgart and Autenrieth in Darmstadt.