A dream for every automobile enthusiast, the 911 Speedster
– One of 931 built (245 delivered in Germany)
– 250 hp from a 3.6 litre six-cylinder boxer engine
– 5 speed manual transmission
– New complete paintwork by the previous owner
– Black exterior paintwork with red / black leather interior
– Original bucket seats and lightweight door panels
– Accident-free according to the consignor
– Low mileage of only 91,000 KM
– Clean servicebook
– First delivery and always registered in Germany
The 964 Porsche Speedster was based on the C2 Cabriolet and was introduced with the 1993 model year. The choice was between the standard or lightweight equipment (CS). This Speedster was designed as a “driver’s car” between the 964 C2 Cabriolet and the 964 RS. The bodyshell of the Cabriolet was available as the basis. From the 964 Carrera RS, the sports chassis with a slightly softer suspension, the exterior mirrors, the door panels and the sports seats were adopted. Comfortable standard seats were available at no extra charge. In order to optimize weight, storage compartments in the door trim, a central locking system and electrically adjustable exterior mirrors were dispensed with. A lower and flatter windshield, under the extended hood cover with the characteristic “humps” was the emergency top for bad weather, were the typical Speedster features. Compared to the previous model, the 911 Speedster, the 964 was equipped with ABS, power steering and the 250 hp 3.6 liter six-cylinder boxer engine with a torque of 310 Nm.
In various test reports, this weight-optimized 911 is described as enormously fast and safe to drive.