Leaning back and enjoying a chilled cruise with this gorgeous Harley
– imported from Indonesia
– owned since 2007and restored by owner
– 6 volts operating voltage
– wiring installed according to original wiring diagram
– Wheel bearings converted to ball and taper roller bearings
– Painting in the reproduced original color metallic-blue No. 9860 from 1951
– primary belt drive dimensioned for 30 KW
– extensive operating instructions and information of the owner
– German registration + historic vehicle admission
Around 1940, Harley-Davidson began producing motorcycles for military use. Almost every Harley enthusiast knows the model series WL, WLA and WLC.
Less known are the models WLH, WLJ and WLR. These are small series produced in the post-war period, around 1950, for special requirements of some governments. What the letter “J” stands for can only be guessed at, as parts of the Harley-Davidson archive were also destroyed in a major fire in Milwaukee.
The U.S. supplied small quantities of weapons, vehicles and radios to the Mobile Brigade of the Indonesian National Police from 1950 to 1953. The headquarters of the National Police Brigade was located in Jakarta. The “J” could therefore stand for Jakarta.
This model series is equipped with the proven flathead engines. All 45cui and 74cui engines stand for simplicity and durability.
The offered Harley-Davidson WLJ originates from Indonesia. In 1972 the motorcycle was decommissioned by the Indonesian authority and bought locally by the current vehicle owner.