The MG F is an English two-seater mid-engine roadster
– 120 hp from a 1.8-litre inline four-cylinder naturally aspirated engine
– 5-speed manual transmission
– First delivery in Switzerland
– Imported to Germany and taxes cleared
– Beige leather interior
– Leather sports steering wheel
– JVC Bluethooth Radio
– Original MG alloy wheels
– Chrome luggage rack
– The well kept service booklet proves the good maintenance condition
– The timing belt and cylinder head gasket were changed at 131,000 km
– Engine, mechanics and interior in good condition
– The body has a slight hail damage
MG manufactured sports cars until the late 1980s. In the following years from 1982 to 1991, only sporty compact cars and sedans from Rover were marketed via MG.
In 1994 the design was finalized and series production was prepared. The official market launch in Great Britain was in September 1995, while the vehicle was only available in Germany a few months later. When the model was launched, only one engine with 120 hp was initially available. Later in 1996 a version based on the same 1.8-liter Rover four-cylinder with 145 hp and variable valve timing followed.
A facelift version of the F was available from 1999. Most noticeable was the redesigned interior with a modified speedometer dial with now digital kilometer display, as well as redesigned seats and door panels, while the F remained almost identical from the outside.
For the first time, an automatic transmission was now also available with the 115 hp Step Speed model version.