This MG F VVC originates from Switzerland and has run only 123.000 Km
– Vehicle is from the last year of the first series and was delivered in January 1999 by Emil Frey AG in Zurich
– Thanks to Variable Valve Control the MGF has 146 hp from 1.8 liters of displacement
– Dark green exterior paint in combination with beige leather interior
– Power windows, air conditioning, power mirrors and oil temperature gauge
– Sporty leather steering wheel with perforated leather, original MG alloy wheels, JVC CD-radio
– Hardtop available
– Complete service booklet
– Timing belt and cylinder head gasket changed at approx. 100.000 km
– Technically and visually in a very good general condition
MG manufactured sports cars until the late 1980s. In the following years from 1982 to 1991, only sporty compact cars and sedans from Rover were marketed via MG.
In 1994 the design was finalized and series production was prepared. The official market launch in Great Britain was in September 1995, while the vehicle was only available in Germany a few months later. When the model was launched, only one engine with 120 hp was initially available. Later in 1996 a version based on the same 1.8-liter Rover four-cylinder with 145 hp and variable valve timing followed.
A facelift version of the F was available from 1999. Most noticeable was the redesigned interior with a modified speedometer dial with now digital kilometer display, as well as redesigned seats and door panels, while the F remained almost identical from the outside.
For the first time, an automatic transmission was now also available with the 115 hp Step Speed model version.