Elegant and powerful, the XJS V12
– 295hp from a 5.4L V12 engine
– Automatic transmission
– Alloy wheels, fog lights, radio, power windows + exterior mirrors, heated seats
– Read mileage of only 94,000KM
– Japan import with German registration documents
– Dark blue exterior paintwork with a gray leather interior
– Well-kept overall condition
– Admission as historic vehicle + valid technical control (MoT) until 09/2022
The English competitor to the German BMW 850i E31
One of the trump cards in the car quartet of the 1980s/90s!
With “Cylinders: V12,” it outshone just about everyone. So it was a winner – but it was initially eyed with suspicion when it first appeared – no wonder, taking over from a declared cult object like the Jaguar E-Type was really no easy task.
And yet it succeeded, in its own way. Precisely because it was emphatically different: massive, dignified, courageous, sporty only at second glance – idiosyncratic in every respect, a car for individualists. And they honored it, buying the distinctive luxury coupé for two decades. During this period, the modifications took place almost exclusively under the sheet metal. In February 1988, the XJS 5.3 V12 Coupé was presented at the Geneva Motor Show.
Underpowered the big cat was not, even with the 6-cylinder engines, and thanks to the convincing chassis, connoisseurs among sports car enthusiasts can still feel like winners in this special coupe today.