Perfectly equipped S-Class sedan
– 388 hp from a 5.5L V8 cylinder with 7-speed automatic transmission
– German first registration
– 5 vehicle owners
– Checkbook available
– Complete equipment from the distance control automatic over leather equipment up to the all around
heat insulating laminated glass, see equipment list.
– Body conversion kit, 20″ LM rims and tires, suspension tuning, supersport rear sound
muffler system, hood attachment registered in ZLB
– German registration + valid TÜV until 03/2024
The manufacturer presented the so-called “Mercedes-Benz S-Class”, as a completely newly developed generation of the upper vehicle class, as early as 1972. The 116, 126, 140 and 220 series were then followed in the fall of 2005 by the new top model, the S-Class of the W 221 series.
As with all its predecessors, innovations in safety and comfort were the hallmark of the new S-Class. From the brake assistant with radar sensors, the multi-contour seat, the night vision assistant with infrared technology, the preventive occupant protection to the active ABC chassis were the outstanding features. Also the body dimensions grew in relation to the predecessor.
Worldwide the 221 was the first automobile with environmental certificate. Vehicle with parts made from renewable raw materials.
Production ended in June 2013, with the last vehicle of a total of around 540,000 produced being handed over to the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart.
The successor, the 222 series, was presented in May 2013.