LeBaron – a quite rare and inexpensive convertible
– 175hp from a 2.2L 4 cylinder Chrysler forced induction engine
– Sporty manual transmission
– 3 spoke leather steering wheel
– Boost pressure display
– trip computer
– Original Quick-Out Radio
– Power exterior mirrors + seats
– Central locking system
– Alloy rims in star spoke optics
– German registration + admission as historic vehicle
The Chrysler LeBaron or Chrysler Imperial LeBaron was originally a classic luxury automobile of the 1930s. The body was manufactured by LeBaron, NewYork coachbuilder and design firm, and mounted on a Chrysler chassis. LeBaron was acquired by Chrysler together with its parent company “Briggs Manufacturing Company” in 1953.
The first LeBaron models were called top of the line models from 1957 to 1975. As early as 1977, another Chrysler LeBaron was introduced as a low-priced model of the Chrysler Division. The model name was used for numerous Chryslers until 1995.
After discontinuing the first-generation LeBaron coupe and convertible in 1986, the group released a new LeBaron in 1987. This new model was also available as a coupe and convertible. It was built on the J platform. The J-body was even more compact and rounded than its predecessors. The front-wheel-drive, compact Chrysler LeBaron was equipped with 2.2-liter or 2.5-liter inline-four gasoline engines, either naturally aspirated or turbocharged. A total of about half a million convertibles and coupes were built of this model generation. The LeBaron brand is one of the longest-standing brands in Chrysler’s history, if not in the entire history of the automobile.