The E30 325 eta with six cylinders: A rare collectible
– 2.7 litre petrol engine with injection and 95 kW (129 hp), automatic transmission
– Read mileage of only 123,900 km
– Non-smoking and garage vehicle
– 2-door saloon in classic colour: diamond black metallic paint (code 181) with grey pepita interior (code 0211), Shadow-line styling
– Extensive restauration from 2019-2022: Vehicle completely repainted, steering wheel with new leather cover, all essential wear parts renewed. Cost of more than € 12,000 (all invoices available)
– Original BMW Business CD, power antenna, manual sunroof, M-Sport leather steering wheel
– Heated exterior mirrors and driver lock, fog lights, front and rear spoilers
– Light alloy wheels in cross spoke design, M-sport suspension, sport package
– Original brochure, 2nd service bookl and owner’s manual available
– Classic Data appraisal 2023 with grade 2+
– German registration, admission as historic vehicle + valid technical control (MOT) until 03/2024
BMW’s 2nd generation of the 3 series, the E30, replaced its popular predecessor in 1982. With its straight lines, Claus Luthe – who had penned the timeless NSU Ro 80 – created a car that perfectly catered to the taste of its era. The handsome and well-built cars with their wonderfully smooth engines were originally available as 2- and 4-door sedans. In 1985, BMW added a convertible, and in 1987, a station wagon named “Touring” completed the lineup.
The 325 iX, available as of 1985, introduced four-wheel-drive to the 3 series. Diesel- and Turbo-Diesel models were offered as of 1985 (324 d) and 1987 (324 td). Motorsport enthusiasts’ dream was of course the M3 with up to 175 kW (238 hp) of power. In total, 2,339,520 units of the E30 series were built, nearly doubling the figures of the preceding E21.
35 years after its presentation, the E30 is already fast becoming a sought-after classic. It is getting exceedingly difficult to find a well-preserved, original specimen – simply because many have suffered dearly at the hands of a financially inflexible clientele of 3rd and 4th hand owners attraced by the racing qualities of the E30 3 series.