Studebaker “Golden Falcon”, one of the fastest cars on the road in 1958
– 4.7 L small-block V8 with McCulloch supercharger and 202 kW (275 hp)
– Three-stage automatic transmission “Flight-O-Matic”.
– Restored in U.S.A. and imported
– In the possession of the current vehicle owner since 2016
– The automatic transmission was revised in 2016. After that driven only about 300 km
– Classic Data Rating 2+
– Admission as historic vehicle + valid technical control (MoT) until 03/2024
– The Golden Hawk was rarely driven and comes from a classic car collection
Well maintained overall condition, mostly original equipment
Henry Studebaker was a German-born farmer (German: “Stutenbäcker,” from Solingen), farrier, and wagon maker who lived near Gettysburg, Pennsylvania in the early 19th century. Studebaker was involved with motor vehicles as early as 1897. From 1920 through the 1960s, the company produced many styling and engineering milestones, including the classic Studebaker President. In 1954, they merged with Packard. During this era, Hawks were built starting in 1956. The Studebaker Golden Hawk was produced in Scout Bend, Indiana, from 1956 to 1958. It is a two-door, pillarless hardtop coupe and was the last Studebaker designed by industrial designer Raymond Loewy. The designer took the basic shape from the Champion/Commander Starliner hardtop coupe. The front and rear sections were supplemented, or rather modified. Vertical tail fins made of fiberglass were initially installed on the rear sides. Packard’s engine plant was leased to Curtiss-Wright and later sold, marking the end of Packard production. The Packard V8 engine, introduced only two years earlier, was replaced by the Studebaker 289-cui V8 with McCulloch supercharger, which provided the same power as the Packard engine. The model was discontinued after only 878 were sold.