Price coming soonCar-ID: OT0369
– Jaguar E-Type Series 3 V12 Roadster
– Matching Numbers and Jaguar Certificate
– Celebrity owner in California: Hollywood actor Robert Reed
– From California, imported to the UK in 2014
– Restoration visible in Great Britain including engine revision
– Complete gearboxes and torque converters from Alders Automotive overhauled
– PYRAMID Phase III 640DGL Radio
– new shock absorbers, springs and bushings
– Original vehicle documents and manuals and invoices
– Color: fern gray
With its 5.3-liter light-alloy V12 and the captivating design language of the Jaguar E-Type Roadster for more than 40 years.
The essence of automotive beauty.
No other than Enzo Ferrari called the E-Type the most beautiful car ever made, and even if beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, not too many people would have contradicted him since. The debut of the XK-E, called “E-Type”, in 1961 was nothing short of a sensation. Its unrivalled elegant styling was complemented by plenty of power, and all of that at a relatively moderate price.
Over the years, the successful model was modified in several ways: From the spring of 1966 there was a 2 + 2-seater version with an extended wheelbase. In 1967, the headlight covers fell victim to American safety regulations. On the engine side, there were six-cylinder engines with 3.8 and later 4.2 litres, and as of 1971, twelve-cylinder motors to choose from. Production of the compact two-seaters ceased in 1971, the so-called Series III was only offered as a 2+2-seater.
A classic of superlatives, that’s all there is to it.