– Rare 1974 US Targa with wheel arches flared by 42 mm and 2.7 litre engine, 175 hp
– Believed to be one of 246 Carrera Targa of this model year delivered to the US
– Technically in a decent condition
– Original engine lid was replaced by a duck tail version
– Positive overall impression apart from slightly cracked driver’s seat
– Unwarranted mileage 93,300 mls
– 5-gear manual transmission
– 2020: New battery, alternator overhauled
– 2016: Targa roof replaced (drip mouldings missing)
– Classic Data appraisal € 70,000 in 2016 (condition 3+)
– German registration + historic vehicle admission
– Valid technical control (MoT) until 04/2023
A legend goes into the next generation – and loses no bit of temperament and class!
The second generation of the Porsche 911 (G model) came on the market in 1973 as a successor to the Porsche 911 (original model). It was a 2+2-seater sports car and available as coupé, convertible (as of 1983), Targa and Speedster.
The 911 was equipped with the following engines: 2.7 to 3.0 litre petrol engine (150-188 hp) and, for the Carrera version, 2.7 to 3.2 litre petrol engine (200-231 hp). The last Porsche 911 G-model rolled off the production line in 1989.
This car is almost a must in any good garage!