– rare 1974 US Targa with wheel arches flared by 42 mm and 2.7 litre engine
– believed to be one of 246 Carrera Targa of this model year delivered to the US
– technically in a decent condition
– original engine lid was replaced by a duck tail version
– positive overall impression apart from slightly cracked driver’s seat
– unwarranted mileage 93,300 mls
– new battery, alternator overhauled, Targa roof replaced (drip mouldings missing)
– Classic Data appraisal over € 70,000 in 2016 (condition 3+)
A legend goes into the next generation – and loses no bit of temperament and class!
The second generation of the Porsche 911 (G model) came on the market in 1973 as a successor to the Porsche 911 (original model). It was a 2+2-seater sports car and available as coupé, convertible (as of 1983), Targa and Speedster.
The 911 was equipped with the following engines: 2.7 to 3.0 litre petrol engine (150-188 hp) and, for the Carrera version, 2.7 to 3.2 litre petrol engine (200-231 hp). The last Porsche 911 G-model rolled off the production line in 1989.
This car is almost a must in any good garage!