– stunning MG TD/C, 1952 vintage imported from California in 2015
– rare “competition” model, one of only 1,700
– sought-after colour combination of pale yellow exterior and dark green leather interior
– carefully restored at an earlier point in time
– chrome bumpers, hub-caps and rear luggage rack all well-maintained
– black vinyl convertible top in presentable condition
– renewed and classy burlwood dashboard
– leather trim in fine shape
– boot-mounted spare wheel and four side screens included
– still with its original intake manifold
– truly charming, classic british roadster
The 4th generation of MG’s T Midget series was presented in 1949. The TD became by far the most successful of them all, with 29,664 vehicles built over 4 years, the large majority of which were exported to the US. It marked a great technical advance over the predecessor, using the chassis from the Y type sedan, which had independent suspension with coil springs. On this, the tried-and-tested TC’s drivetrain and the recognisable T-type style body were fitted. The result was a car that was both traditional yet up-to-date. It was also slightly larger and the 1250 cc OHV inline-4 cylinder engine now delivered 40 kW (54 hp).
Due to the popularity of this car, plenty of replicas were built after production of the original T series ended in 1955.